North Cork Dementia Alliance (formerly The Crystal Project) was formed in January 2012 and was officially launched in May 2013, with the opening of the Memory Resource Room.
We have a working group which meets monthly and a company board which meets every two months.
The Working Group
Sheena is an Occupational Therapist with the HSE. She qualified in 2005 and worked in Connolly Hospital, Dublin until 2010 when she moved to a dementia post in Mallow. Sheena has an MSc in Dementia Care from Trinity College.
Amy is Dementia Advisor with The Alzheimer Society of Ireland. She has a background in intellectual disability and psychiatric nursing.
Amy joined The Alzheimer Society of Ireland in 1999 as nurse manager in day care services and became Dementia Advisor in 2014. She completed the Dementia Champion module in DCU in 2016.
Margaret is the Dementia Services Co-ordinator. She has a background in social and health care and worked for the Alzheimer Society of Ireland for 4 years. Margaret is currently doing an MSc in Dementia Studies from Hull University.
- Director – Sheena Cadoo, HSE Occupational Therapist
- Director – Corrie O’Flynn, Business owner, former family carer
- Secretary – Dr Cormac Sheehan, Research Officer, UCC
- Amy Murphy – Dementia Adviser, The Alzheimer Society of Ireland
- Fiona O’Sullivan – Solicitor in general practice in Mallow. Fiona specialises in probate and has a particular interest in estate planning and advising people with disabilities
- Sile Ni Mhuimhneachain – Former family carer, retired from 34 years involvement with primary education in Ireland.
- Linda Grogan – Day Care Centre Manager, The Alzheimer Society of Ireland